2.10.2006

one two three

I've added a countdown ticker at the bottom of the blog - and copied it into this post as well. It's a baby ticker, intended for when your baby is born (or comes home if adopting). I've adapted it to my own becoming-a-nun purposes. It's counting down the days till I hop hop hop right out of my bureaucratic job for the last time.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Assuming all continues to go according to plan between now and then, my last day at the office will be August 18th. I'd have a couple of weeks to sort through the accumulated stuff of 34 years of life before I'd need to be in New Jersey. Entrance date for Novitiate is set for September 8th so I'd probably need to be done with stuff and in NJ by September 6th or so.

I can't decide if it's healthy or unhealthy to count down the days. A little bit of both I think. I know I have to do all I need to do between now and then. I'm going to do my best to be present in the moment, to give it my all, yada yada yada. At the same time, having an end in sight makes it bearable. Put it all together, and having a little over six months to go is both liberating and terrifying at the same time. So much to do!!!!

Happy Weekend everyone. I'm staying home in Portland this weekend, so I'll probably be checking in.


My afternoon break is over. Back to the bureaucratic grind for me.

Ciao

3 comments:

Lisa said...

In my community, there is a 100 day countdown to Investing (entrance into the Novitiate). So I guess it's all how you look at it.
Peace,
Lisa

lorem ipsum said...

I've also seen weight loss tickers! I like it.

see-through faith said...

It's great to be so excited to be entering the nunnery

maybe not so good to be counting the days to escape the dreary job

so mixed I guess