3.06.2006

faith or fashion

Found via St. Casserole:

Do you wear a cross? All the time.

Is there a particular time or place that you consider wearing a cross? I've always worn a necklace all the time. Used to be I wore a pendant that belonged to my great aunt. After my mom died I started wearing jewelry of hers, which is where the cross in question comes from (I think ... see 3 questions down).

Where do you were it? On a chain around my neck. Someimes I leave it tucked inside my clothes, mainly if I want it to be a reminder to me but not a tip off to others. But usually it's outside my clothing.

What does the cross look like? It's very cool. The pendant is in the shape of a square. The cross is a cut-out portion, and all around it in the corner are celtic designs. It's a dark silver almost pewter color.

Who gave the cross to you or did you choose it? One day I was cleaning my room. I was going through a pile of junk on top of my filing cabinet, receipts, old tissues, you get the picture. There was a little yellow cloth bag which I threw away. Then about 10 minutes later I thought, hmmm.... that's odd. So I went back and pulled the little cloth bag out of the trash and opened it. There I found the cross in question. I can only assume it came from my parents house ... I brought most of my mom's jewelry home. But I don't really know...

Is this your favorite cross, if so, why? I only have one other, which is way too heavy. Once I become a groovy sister I get a very cool peace cross, also silver, which will become my favorite! But this one has senimental value. And I almost threw it away!

What does wearing a cross mean to you? It reminds me of what this crazy thing called life is all about. Christ is my center. He is my peace. With him all shall be well.

1 comment:

St. Casserole said...

Lovely! Thanks for participating in the cross talk. And, you were about to throw the favorite one away!