5.19.2006

many thanks

I wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and congratulations. I find it remarkable that I've developed such a virtual community of support in a little more than a year and half of sharing my story in the blogosphere! It's confirmation of the value of this little experiment, and I'm glad I'll be able to continue sharing my journey with you all.

I laughed at Michelle's comment that the "Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace will be the most organized sisters ever!" … I do hope to be able to share my gifts with the community, and my highly developed organizational skills are certainly part of this bureaucrat's package! (Get it? … gift … package…). I also resonated deeply with Richard's well wishes for this transition to "a higher level of grooviness." There's definitely a lot that I'm receiving in this whole process. People sometimes say they admire the sacrifices I'm making answering God's call. So far, it seems to me more like I'm receiving gift after gift on the journey to a higher level of grooviness.

Most of all, I am just happy. God is indeed good. I know there will be second thoughts and renewed "what the hell am I doing" wonderings at various points down the road. But at the moment I know deeply that this is where God is calling me. I can see how I'll be able to be the me I'm meant to be.

I'm headed up to Seattle tomorrow morning for an extra weekend of groovy sister reserves. I'll probably be checking in.

Ciao for now!
Susan

No comments: