6.09.2006

All may be well

All may be well ... but my car is not. Nor is the car that my car collided with this afternoon.

Hence, I am in Portland this weekend, not in Seattle on groovy sister reserves.

And I will be dealing with insurance companies and body shops and taking the bus.

(This, no joke, one day after I got my car out from the body shop after getting the rear bumper fixed after being rear ended by a cab driver a few weeks ago. I've had the car 4 years - no accidents. Now 2 accidents in 2 weeks).

But, I am fine. And the other driver seemed to be slightly injured but in pretty good shape. And I do have insurance - even if he didn't have insurance.

Plus, while I don't get to spend quality time with my groovy sisters, I also don't have to spend 6 hours on the road. Instead, I had a quality visit with my good friend Jackie this evening over dinner and beer - she's a good friend and made time to center and ground me through friendship. And I now have 3 whole days - since tomorrow is my day off - to continue the Giant purging/packing/sorting project.

So while things may not be as planned, they are indeed well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness—prayers of joy for your safety! I had several close calls last month with people pulling out in front of me; it can be nerve-wracking.

The Ironic Catholic said...

I'm glad you're OK.

The paperwork that will follow from two accidents tho...whew.

Have a restful weekend!

lorem ipsum said...

Glad you are well, if inconvenienced. Cars are replaceable - you are not!

By the way... in college an insurance agent told me that Americans have auto accidents an average of once every seven years, so you should be set for awhile.