6.26.2006

monday musings

It's Monday. I'm back at work, which as it's HOT and work is air conditioned while my home is not, is a good thing. Some random lunch time thoughts ….

My last post was titled "endings and beginnings." It related to going to a funeral and baptism on the same day. But as I walked from the deli to the office with my salad in hand, I thought …. my life right now is full of endings and beginnings. I'm in the final stretch at work. I'm leaving the town of my college and post-college years - possibly for good. And I'm moving into new territory on the path to groovy sisterhood. The only thing is it's not really about endings and beginnings. I'm not planning to close any books and put them up on the shelf, but rather to start a new chapter in my continuing story. If you look closely at your crazy life patterns, there is continuity where you least expect it.


Mark Mossa, SJ pointed me to an excellent blog post by Rob Marsh (also SJ) about ordinary time, science fiction, and co-operating in God's story telling with our own lives. I love anything that weaves the series Firefly with Jesuits in Space (aka "The Sparrow) with life. It's worth a read this summer afternoon.

Well, my salad is eaten and work awaits. Back to the business of tying up loose ends

No comments: