6.27.2006

tick tock

I have less than 6 work weeks left - two to get ready for the new guy, four to try and equip the new guy with the tools he needs to get the job done. Eeek! Not enough time.

Last night I mailed off a few invitations to my ceremony of welcome as a Novice which is 2 months from yesterday, believe it or not. Wow, that makes it real! Two of my best friends will be driving me up and with me for the day. The big day will be 2 years from now when I (God willing) take my first vows. That's when I'll invite loads of family and friends. This day is more of a simple ceremony to mark this next step on the path to groovy sisterhood, which is why I decided not to have family fly thousands of miles for a quick ceremony and some cake afterwards. Plus I will have just completed the great project of packing up my life in Portland and will be too exhausted to entertain! That said, I did send some invites to a few friends who may feel like driving for a beautiful summer day at groovy sister hq.

But that's two months away. For now, off to work. But first I pick up my car from the shop. Saying a few prayers that there will be NO more accidents for me!

No comments: