6.15.2006

my inner deejay goes liturgical

My inner deejay this morning is featuring church music instead of the usual indie/alternative fare. I woke up humming Hosea by Gregory Norbet, OSB. It stuck with me all morning:

Come back to me with all your heart.
Don't let fear keep us apart.
Trees do bend, though straight and tall;
so must we to others' call.

Trees played a big part in my
retreat this spring. I remember sitting in my comfy chair in my room, looking out at the trees blowing in the wind and thinking … I too can bend in the wind. Rooted and grounded in God's love I can grow strong and tall in faith and bend in the wind without being uprooted.

There's lots of wind in life. Not to mention fear. But God loves us. God calls us. God wants us to live deeply our new life.

No comments: