6.20.2006

virtual rosary

In 5th grade I had a not so nice religion teacher ... we'll call her Mrs. F. She intimidated me AND she wasn't a great teacher. Not a good combo. Anyway, one of the things we were to learn in 5th grade was how to pray the rosary. I have many friends who learned this before they could walk, but in my family the rosaries only came out when someone died.

Well, Mrs. F. never quite got me to understand the rosary, and I have a habit of not being able to learn something unless I understand it. So .... I failed my rosary test!!! Or maybe I got a D. In any case, it was bad and I've had a mental block on it ever since. It is kind of complicated, you have to admit.

Paula pointed me to a virtual rosary you can download onto your computer. I think it's a great idea to have a computer tutorial for folks like me! If you can learn to type or learn spanish online, why not learn how to say the rosary that way too!

It was perfect timing. Last night I was able to say a full proper rosary for my friends' brother Joe who passed away yesterday. Well, with the help of my computer that is.

3 comments:

PV said...

Susan, thanks for spreading the word.:-).

Talmida said...

I have the virtual rosary on my palm pilot. If you have to sit somewhere crowded and pray, sometimes it's a bit more discreet than the beads (plus I don't have all the meditations written on the beads - big drawback, that!). :)

Steve Smith said...

I started using Virtual Rosary just before I came into the Church a bit over 2 years ago. It was a great help to me, plus, every day when my computer is turned on at the beginning of the day, I get the reminder from Virtual Rosary to pray.