6.27.2006

vocation sighting

Went to daily mass at lunchtime at the Downtown Chapel. It's a great break in the work day, and I love the mix of office workers, homeless folks and social workers. I wish I could make it every day, but office "disasters" and meetings sometimes get in the way.

The parish is staffed by Holy Cross Priests. Today there were some young men in the pews, both with name tags. One was a lector, the other Eucharistic minister. I figured at first maybe they were new Holy Cross Associates (a volunteer program like the JVCs), but I remember having the thought that they had "vocation" written all over them. There was just something about their attitude and in their faces. At the end of mass, the presider introduced the two … as Holy Cross Seminarians. They're entering the Novitiate this summer and are spending a week helping with the chapel's homeless ministries.

Cool. I introduced myself to one of them as a future groovy sister novice.

Nice to see new faces on the journey.

But for now, must get my nose back to the bureaucratic grind stone.

No comments: