7.24.2006

bloggy namesake

You may have noticed that the URL for this blog is actjustly.blogspot.com. Today’s 1st reading is from Michah 6, and is my blog’s scriptural namesake.

"With what shall I come before the LORD,
and bow before God most high?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
with calves a year old?
Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,
with myriad streams of oil?
Shall I give my first-born for my crime,
the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
You have been told, O people, what is good,
and what the LORD requires of you:
Only to do the right and to love goodness,
and to walk humbly with your God. "


This morning starts Day One of Project Sort/Purge/Pack. I realized this morning that for the past few years I’ve taken a week of vacation around this time of year (in the heat!) to do just that. One benefit of being on vacation at home is being able to go to daily mass at my own parish. I remember one summer day two years ago when I was just starting to think about this whole vocation thing seriously. The 1st reading that day was also Micah 6-8, and it resounded deeply in my core. I was searching for what God was calling me to … could be this simple? Indeed, I think it is for all of us. To act justly. To love tenderly. And to walk humbly with our God.

Or in my case this week, to sort, pack and purge humbly with my God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan Rose...
I read your blog every day and enjoy it. Especially since I am a retired Protestant clergy. As a father of 5 I sometimes get paternal with you.

Is anticipation greater than realization here? Is she getting too high? Will she have to quit her blog? "Groovy Sisters"? What does that mean?

Excuse the compassion. I do like you and therefore want the best for you!

Roger

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Roger - thanks for the paternal concern (although I do have my own source for that!) and especially for the comment.

Anticipation is what anticipation is. But at the core is simply my thankfulness at God for inviting me along on the journey, and helping me to find it in me to say yes!

I've received word that I'll be able to continue the blog in the Novitiate. Although I have a feeling the writing and frequency will change.

As for "groovy sisters," that is a term I came up with to describe the community that found their way deep within my heart ... the Sisters of St Joseph of Peace. They are "groovy" to me, because they live life faithfully & joyfully. My goal for all women discerning a religious vocation is that they find their way to their own "groovy sisters."

Cheers.