7.21.2006

hot hot hot

It's almost 10:00 pm and it's hot! I shouldn't complain though because while it hit 97 here in Seattle today, it was 105 down in Portland. Two towns without much air conditioning, so when it's hot it's hot. But I'll live.

My birthday is next Thursday, but the celebrations started tonight. My sister housemates made a birthday feast for me, since they're heading off to the Ocean tomorrow on vacation and I'll be heading back to Portland the day after. It was nice to be able to celebrate with them. I tried to help clear the plates after dinner but was ordered to sit down as it's was my birthday dinner! Delicious food (and cake!) and wonderful company.

Tomorrow night I'll have my weekend groovy sister pad to myself. I've invited Chero (the other almost novice) and Vicky (a candidate for Associate membership) over for dinner and birthday celebration #2. Should be fun. I'm hoping it won't be as hot though because I decided to cook instead of go out to eat. It will be hot in the kitchen, but fun to cook a feast for my friends.

Today I finally got around to writing my part for my ceremony of Reception next month. Our provincial will ask me, "What are your hopes as you begin the period of Novitiate." My answer will be written in the program and I'll be saying it aloud. I won't give it away now ... that would take all the fun out of it. But it was very meaningful to take some time with our groovy constitutions to prayerfully discern just what are my hopes about the Novitiate. This is all getting so much more real!

1 comment:

PV said...

happy birthday Susan.