7.20.2006

on bloggers

A non-blogger friend pointed me to a recent Pew Research study about bloggers, “Bloggers: A portrait of the internet's new storytellers.” An interesting read.

Most of the blogs I read are “God blogs” (ie., religion or spiritual journeys). According to the report, only 2% of blogs are about religion, spirituality, or faith. That said, a whopping 37% of blogs are about bloggers’ lives and personal experiences. That also describes most of the “God blogs” I read, as they are by and large expressions of the blogger's personal experiences in the life of faith.


Speaking of bloggers, I was privelged to meet Mark Mossa, SJ today in real life. The tail of end of his conference in Seattle coincided with the beginning of my groovy sister reserves weekend. We managed to connect for brunch, conversation, and a ride to the airport. That’s my fourth bloggy friend that I’ve met in person. Good to connect a real person with the online voice. I hope to meet more of you East-Coast blogger types when I relocate to NJ in the fall!

On that note, it’s a beautiful day outside. Sunny and warm. I think I’ll go for a walk. How's that for sharing my personal life experiences. I'm sure you tuned in to find out that I was going for a walk! ;)

No comments: