7.29.2006

postcard from vegas

Last night as I was walking from the New York New York Hotel to the Excalibur, my friend pointed to a group of scantily clad young women, one of whom was wearing a veil (obviously a bachelerotte party). She turned to me and said, "We should be making you wear the other kind of veil."

Luckily & happily, it is not so. But we're having fun here. Yesterday we rode the roller coaster, played in the pool, had a nice dinner and explored. I also found a new favorite penny slot machine .... you get to feed little goldfish. No, I'm not much of a gambler. Today it will be more of the same, except that we're splurging and going to see Cirque du Soleil tonight!!! I'm quite excited about that.

It's hot but not unbearable, which is good. Well, I only paid for 24 hours of internet access and it's almost up so ciao for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, you're in Vegas with a man-made volcano, and I´m in Costa Rica at the base of a God-made volcano.

Tonight, we should both gaze at them simultaneously, and it will be like I'm mystically at your nun-bachelorette party!