7.30.2006

random bits

I am safely returned from my weekend in Vegas … with the exception of a sunburn that is! My shoulders aren’t quite lobster red, but they’re close. I had a wonderful time lounging in the pool however. Cirque du Soleil was amazing last night!! I am back tired but rested, if that makes sense. Resting in the company of good friends who know you deeply is very special. Of course, they’re good friends so you do lots of fun things which makes you tired. All in all I couldn’t have asked for a better weekend of fun prior to entering the Novitiate in less than a month!!

I also wanted to point out an interesting post that is worth a read by my bloggy friend Sr. Steph.

Is religious life dying out? No. Is the face of religious life changing? Yes. Are the numbers of priests and religious decreasing? Yes. But does that mean we're dying out? No. Quantity isn't everything. And while we need to plan for the future, that doesn't mean we should give up our present. Read the rest

You can also listen to bloggy friend Sister Christine on the latest Busted Halo Cast (it's "Part One of the Vocaion Episode").

As for me, I’m tired and will spend the rest of the evening watching more of season 2 of the House of Elliot (a British tv show I have recently become obsessed with watching on dvd). Tomorrow I must get serious about week two of my sort/purge/pack project.

No comments: