8.04.2006

4 car loads of rummage


rummage
Originally uploaded by susanrose.
This is what 4 car loads of rummage (formerly the not so worldly posessions of a certain blogger) looks like. I've got more where that came from. This is mostly the small stuff. I figure I've got 3 or 4 more car loads, but bigger stuff.

Our parish rummage sale is perfectly timed to receive the bulk of my junk. I can't remember if it was a coincidence or if I helped pick the date with this in mind!! In any case, it's certainly handy.

Tomorrow I'm going to ship some boxes to myself in New Jersey. Then, theoretically, I should basically just be left with the clothes I'm going to take on the plane and the boxes I'm going to store at a friend's house. Plus a few odds and ends to tide me over till I skip town.

I'm going to be having a house guest (you know who you are), but I don't have much left household wise. I managed to keep some sheets, towels and a futon for you to sleep on! And I found a box of plastic cutlerly from some function or other, so the real stuff is going in a box to the rummage sale tomorrow!!

Tomorrow night I'm headed to California to visit some family and see the newest addition - my baby niece Julia!

It's been a good and productive vacation. Don't know how I'm going to manage going back to work on Monday though, although it's only for 2 weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such superb house-emptying! I imagine the next two weeks will feel strange in many, many different ways. May peace be with you every step of the way!

PS. Wrote my version of the books meme, but somehow it didn't post....mebbe I mistyped the word verification?

Anonymous said...

What kind of rude houseguest actually has the nerve to ask to visit during your last week at work and just before you leave for the east coa...

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I took another load of rummage to church today and shipped my boxes to myself (care of my Novice Director) in NJ.

It still seems like there's tons of stuff in the house, but I think it's just that it's completely disorganized and laying about in the middle of the rooms (blocking all reasonable forms of passage).

Susan - bummer it wouldn't take your post. I'd love to read your answers!

Jason - I wouldn't have said yes if I didn't think you'd be ok with the sparse chaos of my slum appartment. Plus it will give you a chance to get acquainted with your new 'hood seeing as I'm a 5 minute drive from the Jesuit Novitiate.

Lisa said...

Wow! You did it!!!