8.30.2006

community

A big part of religious life and the whole formation process is experiencing community (which I've written about before). I know I feel so blessed to have this week of rest and relaxation at my weekend groovy sister pad. I lived here 2 weekends a month for the past year, which allowed me to get to know (and love) my groovy sister housemates. But it's a different experience just being here for a more extended time. I feel settled and at home. Community = pure gift. Especially since I won't be here or with them for quite a while once I head east for the Congregational Novitiate.

My parish community back in Porland was also pure gift. I sent in a bulletin announcement for last week's bulletin. My last few weeks were crazy busy, so I didn't have time to say goodbye to everyone. I felt that it was important to let them know how important that community was to me being able to listen and respond to this call ...

A NOTE FROM SUSAN FRANCOIS: As some of you know, I will be leaving Portland this week to enter the Novitiate for the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace. I wanted to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to everyone at St Philip Neri and the Paulist Fathers. I can honestly say that I don't think I'd be Catholic today if it weren't for this parish, let alone joining a religious community! From the day seven years ago when I first put my toe in the waters with the Landings program, to my time as an RCIA sponsor and Sunday pre-school teacher, and later as a member of the Pastoral Council, I always felt like it was OK to not be sure of all the answers as I was in the company of friends. Your support for the work of the Peace & Justice Commission helped us to dream big and make a difference. Thank you for creating a safe environment where I could come to know God's love and begin to listen to God's voice. I will be praying for you all and ask you to do the same for me! I'll leave my contact info with the parish office if you'd like to stay in touch. Peace!”
— Susan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I hope you think this is worth a chuckle, but I took a couple of the nSJ's over to St. Phil's this Sunday, and the priest said you were joining the "Sisters of St. Francis of Peace!

I sort of rolled my eyes, privately of course.

Jack Bog said...

Good luck, Susan!