8.28.2006

prayers & gifts

Saturday night after dinner my friends and housemates sat around as I opened my many cards and gifts from my groovy sisters, associates & friends. On the one hand it was funny ... I'd spent all this time these past few weeks divesting myself of "stuff." Now I have more (quite lovely and useful) stuff that I think I'll be shipping to add to the boxes waiting in my room in New Jersey.

On the other hand, it was amazing to feel such love and welcome. So much, in fact, that I really need to take the cards a few at a time over the next few days.

One of the elder Sisters quoted Paul in her note to me. And today's reading is the same passage!

We ought to thank God always for you, brothers and sisters,
as is fitting, because your faith flourishes ever more,
and the love of every one of you for one another grows ever greater. ...

We always pray for you,
that our God may make you worthy of his calling
and powerfully bring to fulfillment every good purpose
and every effort of faith,
that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you,
and you in him,
in accord with the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen! Such love. Well, I'm up early because a) I'm used to getting up early and b) we've got morning prayer in the house this week at 7. But I have no plans for the rest of the day. I'm "under orders" from some wise sister friends to REST this week. Regular readers of the blog know my life has been go-go-go these past few weeks. This week and 2 days before I fly to New Jersey will be a wonderful opportunity to rest and visit and enjoy the Pacific Northwest.

Peace Out
Susan

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It's really beautiful that you are blessed with the opportunity to soak in this experience and savor it.

On a somewhat related note, I just realized that you will be meeting some of my Sisters at the RFC intercommunity novitiate program in Ossining. I think that's neat!

Continue to enjoy your journey into the cloister garden of the heart!!