8.10.2006

Susan's Bureaucratic Novena - Day Four

Thursday marks the 4th day of my Bureaucratic Novena, which means I have 6 days left including today. I’m wearing jeans today and am going to tackle the files. Which makes me think back over the years. I’ve worked on so many projects, but all along I think God was working on a little project called “Susan Rose.” And so I pray …

Patient God, thank you for being gentle and taking things slow with me. When I think back to the young woman I was 11 years ago starting her first job and look at all that lies ahead for me now, I can’t help but see your hand at work. You knew that I needed to take it slow, and that I needed a safe place to grow and one day spread my wings. Despite all the difficulties, occasional unpleasantness and annoyances, this has been that place. And so I thank you, and look forward in hope, a little trepidation, and trust. Amen.

No comments: