9.25.2006

prodigal blogger returns

Greetings friends! Yes it is true … I am cautiously returning to the blogosphere. I think it was a wise move to take a break from regular blogging these first 3 weeks It’s been and continues to be an adjustment, but things seem to settling into a comfortable pattern. I’ve also realized how much I miss blogging – taking all the thoughts racing through my head and feelings racing through my heart and squeezing them into a (hopefully) readable blog post. So here I am. We’ll see how it goes and if I can fit this into my routine in a prayerful and mindful way.

What is my routine you ask??? It’s summed up by this quote from the Gospel according to Mark:

Wherever you enter a house, stay there until you leave from there. (Mark 6:10)

My job at the moment is to be present. To those I am living with here in the Novitiate House. To those I study with Tuesday & Wednesdays at the Intercommunity Novitiate. To myself. And most of all, to my loving God who is present in all things.

Perhaps I’ll share more specifics about my routine in later posts but essentially my days are filled with prayer and solitude and community time with those here in the house. Coming from a go, go, go life, it’s been a stretch for me to just be. But the past few days I’ve found my heart eagerly accepting God’s invitation and seem to have settled into a natural rhythm. That in itself makes it so much easier to adjust to everything!

I also found my way to the exercise room in the main building next door yesterday, which we have permission to use. My excuse for daily exercise was always that I didn’t have time. Well, I am rich with time right now, so I’m making a commitment to working on my physical health during this year as well. I think some of my feeling of well being right now comes from the natural endorphins from exercise which is a good thing.

Well, that’s about it for now!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I think it could be an interesting juxtaposition to tend to the physical body while cultivating the cloister of the heart. An interesting parallel.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Susan. I was wondering how things were going. Much of what you have to say touches on a topic I've been thinking about: stability. I like the quote from the gospel too. "Staying put"--easier said than done!

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Susan,
It was good to meet you at the weekend in Elberon and nice to reach your reflections on the blog. Why don't you share something
about what attracts you in Margaret Anna - and share the good news of this remarkable woman with your readers!

Blessings,
Terry

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Terry ... glad you were able to leave a comment! It was great to meet you last Saturday as well.

I love your suggestion of writing about Margaret Anna. Stay tuned ...