10.20.2006

rainy day

It's a rainy day here in New Jersey, which makes me happy. Further proof that I'm a northwesterner at heart. I went for a walk this morning. The road ahead was obscured by mist and fog but I found my way through. Kind of like life.

This afternoon I ran some errands for the house. I decided to make my nostaligic rainy day complete by stopping at the local strip mall starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte. It was yummy, but grumpiness abounded inside the starbucks which kind of ruined my mood. As did the traffic as I continued my errands ... drivers are crazy around here!
Well, those are my (not so) profound thoughts for today.

This weekend is the 3rd anniversary of my mom's death. Don't know if that will put me in a blogging mood or (more likely) cause me to stay away from the blog. In any case, please keep my family in your prayers. Anniversaries are always hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom and my mom have something in common...the same anniversary. My mother died about 15 years ago. She too had cancer, but of the breast. You mentioned that you knew your mom wasn't perfect...i guess that was my downfall. I felt I had the perfect mother, and I had to realize that no one is perfect and that she, just like everyone else, had flaws. May this weekend bring you pleasant memories of your mother. Spend some quiet time reflecting on your vocation and how she would have felt about it. She loves you, and so does Jesus. :~)