11.27.2006

synchronicity

I decided to end my day praying with Sacred Space, which I haven't used in quite a while. One of the beginning prayers caught my attention. It is so similar to how I ended my last post!
A thick and shapeless tree-trunk would never believe
that it could become a statue, admired as a miracle of sculpture,
and would never submit itself to the chisel of the sculptor,
who sees by her genius what she can make of it. (St Ignatius)
I ask for the grace to let myself be shaped by my loving Creator.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Sacred Space, too :)

Just doing a 'blog round' and saying hi to everyone this morning! Have a wonderfully blessed day, Susan Rose :)

Sarah Clark said...

I hadn't heard of Sacred Space--thank you for sharing! And since I'm delurking anyway, I'm an Episcopalian trying to discern my vocation to ministry (which appears to be "lay for right now", if that makes sense:-) ), and it's been very inspiring reading your journey over the last year or so that I've been following your blog. Blessings on your journey, and know that you've been and will continue to be in my prayers.