10.10.2007

random thoughts

Random Thought #1 - This weekend I will have been in London a whole month! Which means I'm 1/3 through this experience. Where has the time gone???

Random Thought #2 - My work experience at the day centre has helped me to realize that part of my call is to empower people to find their best self, to call forth their gifts, and to help them find their own path to sufficiency. Now this isn't easy and I'm only part of the equation, but something tells me this is part of what I'm supposed to do ministry wise. It's all part of putting that particular puzzle together.

Random Thought #3 - My provincial is coming to visit tomorrow, on her way to a Congregation Council meeting. It will be good to see her and touch base, as always. I'm going to find my way to Heathrow by the Underground which will be an experience in itself.

Random Thought #4 - One major point of this time of intensive ministry/community experience is to begin to navigate the path of integrating ministry, community life, and prayer. It's a delicate balance to be sure! I'm finding that it's a challenge to make time for prayer - particularly after the intensive time for prayer I've had this past year. But I'm also finding that in contrast to my work-a-day life prior to entering the community, I crave prayer time so much more that I am more motivated to not just "fit it in," but to make it a key part of my day. I'm also finding that my prayer time is linked to my ministry. As our Constitutions say, "prayer leads us to action, while action leads us to pray."

Random Though #5 - I need to bring this post to a close as it's almost time for BBC's The Restaurant. I have become addicted to this show during my short time here in London. It's a stupid reality tv show ... and yet, I love it. As one of the Sisters here said, "It really brings out all of your emotions." I think she watches it to see my reactions!

3 comments:

Mollie said...

"part of my call is to empower people to find their best self, to call forth their gifts, and to help them find their own path to sufficiency."
I think you've been doing that here for quite a while already! It sounds like a wonderful insight, and I'll be praying that you find more ways to apply it to your ministry outside the web...

Anonymous said...

This is great, sounds to me like real growth going on.
And I love those words from your constitution - prayer leads us to action, while action leads us to pray. A circle.

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Thanks guys!