12.25.2007

Home Visit

What The Holidays Mean to You


For you, the holidays are about emotional connections and bonds. You are happiest being around those you love.

You celebrate the holidays in a minimalist style. You are likely to only give one great present and decorate your house with a few special items.

During the holidays, you feel happily busy. There's so much do to and not a lot of time to do it. But you enjoy every minute of your holiday chores.

You think the holidays should be comforting and relaxing. You don't like the holiday rush... you just like the simple pleasure of the holidays.

Your best holiday memories are warm and intimate. You remember special moments more than gifts or parties.


Our Christmas celebrations here at the Novitiate are over. Last week we had a party for the senior sisters next door. Saturday we had a day of prayer in the house. Christmas Eve we had a small dinner party and then went to Vigil mass next door. Today we joined the sisters next door for dinner and then went Christmas Caroling in the infirmary. Great fun with good people.

Now I'm headed "home" for the rest of the holiday time. I will be spending the bulk of the time with my brother and assorted family members in California. I'm also spending a few days in Portland with old friends. I feel very blessed to be able to combine community, family and friends into these days of celebration.

I head to the airport in the morning. I'm sure I'll check in a bit while I'm away - especially at my brother's wifi equipped house. Until then .... Peace!

4 comments:

Discerner from Down Under said...

I know I'm late, but... Merry Christmas, Sr. Susan! :) I hope it was a lovely, blessed day. It sounds like it was.

Enjoy the festivities with your brother and family. God bless. :)

Em -xxx-

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful trip and visit with your family! :)

Steve Bogner said...

Merry Christmas! Just catching up on my visits now... spent the past few days knee-deep in getting ready & celebrating :)

Sr.Nicole Trahan said...

Have a wonderful time with family and friends!