12.03.2007

Where it all began

This is a picture of Our Lady Chapel at St Barnabas Cathedral in Nottingham. This is where our first two Sisters, Evangelista Gaffney and Rose Kelley, were professed on January 7, 1884.

It was part of my guided tour on Friday of Nottingham, where our Congregation was founded and where our Sisters still minister.

How cool to be in that same exact spot, where it all began!

On a much less holy note, when I mentioned that I was going to Nottingham, one of the men at the day center told me that I must go and see Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem. Apparently it's the oldest pub in England, founded in 1189. Interestingly enough, it's not too far from the Cathedral. My tour guide was kind enough to swing by on our way out of town just so that I could tell him I'd seen the place! (And for the record, we didn't go in but mainly just because we were on a tight schedule).

No comments: