3.28.2008

blogs and time

One cool thing about blogs is that it can be a way to reconnect with old friends, as in the case of myself and my best friend from elementary school. She's on my mass family & friends e-mail list as well, and sent me this note in reply to my comment that her kids seem to be growing up very quickly:
Kids do have a way of growing up quickly - wasn't it just yesterday that we were 10 and working on a report on colonial Pennsylvania? And waiting for our 5 minute turn on the one computer in the classroom that had to be booted up each and everytime with the floppy disks? Surely it couldn't have been 25 years ago.
TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO????? Wow. It's been a quarter of a century since I was in 6th grade social studies. Very hard to believe.

It's been 18 years since I graduated from high school.

14 years since I graduated from college.

It's enough to make one feel old. Unless, of course, you've entered a religious community where you are by default one of the youngsters if you're under (or even around) 50. Being 35, I'm practically the baby of the group (although we do have some others entering who are in their 20's). If you want to feel young, become a nun. :)

1 comment:

Judy Vaughan-Sterling said...

Hi Susan,

The first time I felt REALLY OLD was the day I asked a work/study student to type a label for me ... and she admitted she had never seen a typewriter before. Not even an electric one!

Tempus fugit!