4.25.2008

spring

This morning as I was walking to the train, I passed by many trees and flowers in bloom lining my local city street. Jersey City certainly seems brighter and more cheerful in the springtime!

I spotted some irises in one front yard – a beautiful purple, tall and reaching towards the sky. I was reminded of the irises that would bloom along the wooden walkway that goes over the koi pond at the Japanese Gardens in Portland. They never lasted very long, but they were always a sight to behold!

Gardens in general are sacred space for me. I must admit that I’m not much of a gardener myself – my old roommate Kathy used to comment on my “slackidaisical” gardening style. But there is something about the bright colors and new life blooming all around that opens and warms my heart.

No comments: