6.01.2008

chipmunks

When I was a little girl my most coveted piece of vinyl was Chipmunk Punk by Alvin & the Chipmunks. I especially loved their cover of My Sharona by the Knack, which thanks to the magic of YouTube you too can now experience!!




Why do I share this random tidbit from my childhood??? The chipmunks are out in force in this neck of the woods. I've been trying to go for a walk everyday to enjoy the beautiful weather, and Alvin's cousins seem to doing the same. I keep seeing them out of the corner of my eye, scurrying to and fro. They seem playful, yet determined. Not a bad way to be .... but can they sing?? :)

4 comments:

Kelly_SSJ said...

Thank you for sharing this Chipmunk fun! :) Do you happen to know where I can find a copy the Chimpunk Valentines special with Captain Chipmunk???????

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Kelly: Google "Chipmunk Valentines special with Captain Chimpunk." There are clips on YouTube AND you can buy the whole video/DVD on Amazon!

Sarah said...

Susan, that is one of the most appalling pieces of music I've ever experienced!
It makes my fondness for music from the Brady Bunch seem positively normal!

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Maybe you had to be 8 in 1980?? :)