7.22.2008

news quiz

One benefit of living across the river from Manhattan ... we get the New York Times each day. I also have made it part of my daily responsibilities to read the NYT each day and to "pray the news."

I chalk my score on this quiz from the folks at the Pew Research Center up to my daily practice. Plus, as we've established here before, I'm just generally geeky! :)
Pew News IQ: To test your knowledge of prominent people and major events in the news, we invite you to take our short quiz. Then see how you did in comparison with 1,003 randomly sampled adults asked the same questions in a recent national survey conducted by the Pew Research Center.
Click here to take the quiz.


(For the curious - I scored in the 97th percentile. How did you do?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got 100% - humilty prevents me from self-identification but I suspect you can guess.

Katie said...

I got 2 wrong. The Dow Jones question and, sadly, I couldn't remember if McCain was from Arizona or New Hampshire and I guessed wrong. Hey, but I know who Harry Reid is!

Unknown said...

I am Pleased as punch to tell you that I am in the 23%. I have worked hard and long to expel the negative and biased media. I know where to find out all of this information as well as information about things that actually effect my world (yes, in a larger sense the horrible excuse for humanity that is in Washington D.C. does effect me - but I can not effect it... so it is not in my world - sphere of influence and all that)

But... I can tell you details about the libraries in Oregon! LOL :-)

Berg Manor said...

Humility? Twelve for 12.

Anonymous said...

91%ile; 11 out of 12. I missed the Dow Jones question.