8.10.2008

If this is true


You Are Not a Pack Rat



You're not a pack rat - and there's probably no rats in your home.

You have a living style that's totally minimalist. You're definitely not attached to stuff.



If this is true, why do I feel overwhelmed with the amount of stuff currently covering the floor of my room here at the Novitiate? Perhaps it is because everything is out of its hiding place, waiting to be packed into a box or put into a give away pile by yours truly.

I certainly feel like a pack rat. Do I really need all those craft supplies? Or books? Or shoes for that matter? I used to have many, many shoes. I now have under 10 pair (I think). But still, I have 2 feet. Why do I need so many shoes?

By the end of this week my plan is to have everything sorted, packed and shipped. The following week I'm on retreat and the week after that on a little vacation prior to my return to the world of active ministry (and the task of
unpacking once I'm settled in my new digs).

Well, no time like now to get started. The piles of paper on (and under) my desk are calling to me!

No comments: