8.26.2008

Vacation

I’m actually on vacation this week at our retreat house on the Jersey Shore. I know, wasn’t I on retreat last week?? Yes, I was! And thanks to my wonderful over-planning personality, I planned my annual vacation for the week after my annual retreat. It seemed like a brilliant idea when I planned this two week Susan extravaganza back in January. I suppose I was looking back to when I moved East 2 years ago. I did not give myself much time for the transition, and basically was thrust from the frantic pace of quitting work and packing up my apartment of 12 years into the novitiate experience. This time, I thought it wise to give myself some time to wind down, reflect, and relax before I transition back into full time ministry. I still think it was a great idea – but we’ll see what I think after two weeks of hanging out with myself!

My basic plan for this week is to swim, go on long walks, and read fun books. There is internet access here, but it’s in a public area so I won’t be on it much. However, thanks to the magic of blogger’s scheduling function, I’ll be posting all week – mostly with reflections from my retreat.

No comments: