9.06.2008

Adjustments

Hello there. Not much to write - I'm still settling in and getting errands done before I start work on Monday.

I got gas the other day and realized I have another adjustment. You see, for the past 2 years in New Jersey and the 16 years before that in Oregon, I didn't pump my own gas. Oddly enough, those are the two states where it's illegal to do so. Now of course I have to get back in the habit! (Of pumping gas - not the other kind!).

I'm adjusting to being back in the Northwest in a number of ways. For one thing, whenever I heard the words "Oregon," "Washington," or "Idaho" on the news I tune in special - this wasn't something you heard often in New Jersey. Of course here you do. It's an adjustment.

One of the Sisters here (who spent 6 months in federal prison for crossing the line at the School of Americas a few years ago) invited me to a meeting of the local SOA Watch group. It was nice to get dialed in to the local justice scene. And as an added bonus, I ran into an old friend of mine from Portland!

For the rest of this beautiful Saturday, I'm going to do a few more errands, a load of laundry, and try to finish the novel I started on the plane last Tuesday. It's hard to believe I've only been here for less than a week!

No comments: