9.06.2008

Among the Trees, On the Lake, With a View (sometimes) of the Mountain

Here are some pictures I took today from this beautiful spot that I now call home. I took these to print and send to one of the Sisters back in New Jersey who spent a year here a decade ago.

Now, I've been saying here that I'm living "among the trees." This pictures gives you an idea of the height of some of the trees. That little structure to the left is the elevator for the 3 story building I live in!


We've got beautiful grounds here - complete with a new Peace & Spirituality Center that is about to open! Here's a little spot to sit and look out at the City of Seattle across Lake Washington.

Down at the lake itself we have a little dock complete with a few rocking chairs. I watched the sunset from this spot last night (but didn't have my camera with me).
And if you're lucky - like I was today - you might spot Mt. Ranier!
Now you can see why I asked if I could live here for a few months. Well, the beauty is only part of the reason. The bigger reason is the amazing senior Sisters that live here. I've been gone from the area so long, and few of my elder-friends have already passed away. Just today I was walking down to the main building to get a cup of tea, and I thought I might run into Sister Margaret who always checked the locks at night, making the rounds in her wheel chair. Then, I remembered that she passed away this spring. She's here in spirit though ...

On that note, time to turn off the computer! Happy almost Sunday everyone.

5 comments:

Katney said...

I visited once in spring when the walks were lined with tulips. Gorgeous. I don't remember why I was there, doing something with Sr. Tonia, though.

Lisa said...

That is beauty indeed! What a great place to spend this time of final preparation leading up to your first profession!! A great grace, too.

Peace and blessings,
Lisa

Garpu said...

Nice! How long are you living out here for?

Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Garpu,

I'm in the Seattle area for the forseeable future.

I'm here at St Mary-on-the-lake for 3 to 6 months. Then I'll probably move to one of our houses in Seattle.

We should find time to meet in person!

Garpu said...

OK! heh. Want to help me move? ;)