10.09.2008

Vows Weekend

Today after work vows weekend officially begins. My family will start arriving tonight from points far and farther. I've reserved our vacation house so we can all gather for some family fun. I'll hang out with them tonight and then tomorrow (also my sister's birthday!). Then on Saturday is the big day .... first vows! I've got some friends coming up from Portland for that as well. Not to mention the CSJP Community who will be gathered. It should be a great celebration! My only hope is that I don't cry too much. I cry at happy moments, and I think I'm crying in every picture from my reception!

I must say I'm feeling a wonderful combination of excitement and peacefulness. I know in my heart of hearts that it is in the vowed life as a Sister of St. Joseph of Peace that I can find the freedom to be the me God dreams I can be. When I started this journey over 4 years ago, I sensed glimmers of that. Now I'm beginning to experience it and it is just beyond words!

I don't know how much I'll be blogging between now & then. I do plan on giving my camera to a trusted family member so hopefully I'll have pictures/video up by Sunday.

Please keep me and the other two making vows - one final vows, two of us first vows -- in your prayers.

Peace,
Susan

11 comments:

andrea said...

What a wonderful day it will be! You'll be in my prayers as you move into this next stage of your life.

And I think tears are a recognition to the movement of the Spirit. I'm involved with RCIA and I get weepy at every rite. It's so incredible to me to see people going through the Rite of Acceptance or Rite of Election and to see proof of how they're responding to God's invitations in their lives. You're also seeing proof of God's invitation so cry up a storm!

Garpu said...

That's got to be so exciting!

Katney said...

I was privileged to attend the first vows ceremony of two Christian Brothers and it was a deeply moving experience (even though I couldn't understand a word, as it was conducted in Tamil.)

Blessings and peace always.

Sr.Nicole Trahan said...

Congratulations!
May peace and joy be yours. Enjoy the weekend... and have fun.
One of our sisters told me the morning of my first vows to remember how I felt when I looked out into the congregation as I professed... she says that memory will help when life seems difficult...
Blessings!

Lisa said...

Abundant blessings on you, Susan, and on Chero and on the Sister making perpetual profession!

Anonymous said...

An exiting and joyful time sister.

My prayers for you and the other two sisters making vows.
Kazimer- Kaz

Discerner from Down Under said...

Wow for first vows! :) All the best with the ceremony and this special moment, Sr Susan. Enjoy. Love and blessings from Down Under. -xxx-

Anonymous said...

Susan, I have ben reading your blog and praying for you for 4 years. Know that there are so many gifts and challenges ahead for you!
Peace,
Susan SSJ Rochester NY

Anonymous said...

Having followed your journey for sometime now, and be touched on many occasions by your words, I want to send my congratulations. You are right where your heart and God wants you to be...Blessings!

kSm said...

Thinking of you this weekend!!!!

Christine said...

Many blessings and prayers for you and your sisters. You have been in my thoughts and prayers today. Will see you soon, I imagine, and would love to hear all about it... i'm sure you will blog it! Peace, Sister