6.08.2009

Summer Mode

You Should Spend Your Summer in the Mountains



You're quiet, introspective, and a great thinker.

You need a summer vacation that gets you away from the crowds and the heat.

So retreat to the mountains, where you can clear your head.



Sorry for the lack of posts. I guess I'm in summer mode. Still working (with a few breaks here and there) but it's warm and there's lots to do and fun to be had too! The ironic thing is, my summer has lots of fun things and interesting places in store, but no major time planned in the mountains (although I may go up to Mt Ranier with some friends for a day hike).

This Wednesday I'm heading to Milwaukee for the Giving Voice Conference. Giving Voice is the organization of women religious under 50. We are gathering to contemplate Living Community in the 21st Century. I'm looking forward to catching up with old friends, making new ones and spending a few days with my peers in religious life. From Milwaukee, I'm headed to Chicago to spend a few days with my own big sister and her husband.

Then it's back to Seattle and ministry for a month or so before my next summer plans ... down to California for retreat and to hang out with an old college friend.

I'm sure I will have lots to share about Giving Voice. Just not sure when that will be. In the meantime, consider this a preemptive and belated apology for inconsistent summer blogging!

No comments: