12.13.2009

Advent Time

I seem to have recovered from the bug, and as such was able to spend some quiet time in retreat this weekend as I'd planned. It's funny--when you have lots of time for quiet and reflection (like in the novitiate), you don't appreciate it. But then when life gets super busy (like when you've made vows and are in full time ministry), you pine for it.

I'm realizing that I need to make the time in my schedule for prayer and reflection, and sometimes I need an extra little dose. Thankfully I was able to get away for a little private retreat this weekend. Someone a long time ago told me that all relationships need time and attention--including (or especially) our relationship with God.

I was also able to make Christmas cards and a few Christmas presents. All in all a very enjoyable and productive weekend away.

I can't believe it's already the 3rd Sunday of Advent!

No comments: