12.21.2009

Making Room

I went to the reconciliation service at my local parish this evening. It's always a good thing to be reminded that our God is always reaching out to us, ever persistent, and always ready to welcome us back into the heart of God.

Our pastor led us in an examination of conscience which included different areas for us to reflect on. Ways that we might be straying from our desire to be and do good. Ways we close out the people in our lives. Ways that we close out God. Which is why it was entirely fitting that after a brief time for personal reflections, the congregation responded to each of the different lines in the examination, "Lord, help me make room in my heart for you."

What a lovely invitation for meditation in these days before Christmas. These last days of Advent. Lord, help me make room in my heart for you.

Jesus is coming. Are we ready?

No comments: