8.31.2010

new year

It feels like the beginning of a new year. When I worked at the City, the summer wasn't much different from the rest of the year. Sometimes in fact it was busier as we geared up for Fall elections! Even though I'm not a teacher in the traditional sense, much of my work in my current ministry involves working with schools, colleges and parishes. The summer was busy, but a slower pace of preparation and anticipation of the coming program year. And come to think of it, I am in school myself, even if just part time. But since we're on quarters classes don't begin till the end of september.

The main reason I think it feels like the beginning of a new year is that it's cool and raining today ... A typical seattle day to remind us that summer is essentially over.

Blessings on your new adventures!

No comments: