9.01.2010

Prayer for Peace

It seems that major US combat efforts in the Iraq war are now over. On this day, I pray for peace.

Peace for the people of Iraq who face an uncertain future, especially the children and families.

Peace for the men and women of the US, Coalition and Iraqi forces who have been injured or harmed mentally and physically by this conflict as they face their own uncertain future.

Peace for the families left behind as "casualties" of war who mourn the loss of loved ones, facing their own uncertain future.

Peace for our troubled world, where fear and suffering often lead to the use of armed conflict seeming to cause only more fear and suffering in our collective uncertain future.

Jesus, Prince of Peace, inspire us to bring peace to our world, our families and our own hearts. May we live into the peace that is your promise to us when you said:

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid. You heard me tell you, ‘I am going away and I will come back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father; for the Father is greater than I. And now I have told you this before it happens, so that when it happens you may believe."

May we all believe in peace, dream of peace, hope for peace and work for peace.

Amen

No comments: