1.04.2011

New Quarter Begins

I started a new class this evening. I'm on the slow poke path through a Masters in Pastoral Studies degree, taking one class at night while working at the peace and justice center during the day. Tonight the Winter Quarter began with my first Christology class. I'm looking forward to it.

To introduce the topic, we discussed some of our favorite images of Jesus. One of my classmates shared that the image of Jesus in the boat during the storm has always been powerful for her. I'll admit that when I've reflected on this story, I'm usually with one of the people freaking out that Jesus is asleep oblivious to the fact that we're all perishing! My classmate said that this particular image of Jesus is powerful for her because he is so calm and in control of it all. In this picture of course, he just looks like he's asleep!

Should be an interesting 10 weeks ...


No comments: