3.15.2011

Catholic Media Promotion Today

There's a virtual movement via Facebook that has proclaimed today Catholic Media Promotion Day!

On March 15, 2011, everyone with a blog, podcast, or Facebook page should list their favorite 3 blogs, 3 podcasts, 3 other media, 3 random Catholic things online, and their own projects. Then, post the link to your list here on March 15th:http://www.facebook.com/promotecatholicism

Here goes.

BLOGS: How to choose only 3? Knowing that I'm not mentioning many wonderful blogs by Catholic folks, I will share these three:
  • Wandering in Wonder: A twenty-something woman trying to discover who I am and who I'm meant to be through a life well lived. I'm spending the next year as a full-time volunteer with the SSJ Mission Corps, exploring ministry and seeing where that might lead me.
  • La Paz de Susan: Susan Dewitt, a Sister of St. Joseph of Peace, blogs about living in El Salvador as coordinator for PazSalud, a health volunteer mission.
  • If Necessary Use Words: I'm a student at the University of Tennessee. I love my cats. Sharks and volcanoes are two of my favorite things. I take life one day at a time, and I thank God for every day that I'm given. Being Catholic is awesome!
PODCASTS: I will admit that I don't subscribe to many Catholic podcasts. Perhaps I'm missing out on a wonderful world that I may some day discover. In the meantime, I can tell you about these that I have actually listened to:
  • A Matter of Spirit: Audio version of the quarterly justice journal of the Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center. A point of disclosure--I am the editor of this journal.
  • Pray As You Go: Daily prayer for your iPod from the English Jesuits. I'm not a consistent listener but always enjoy the contemplative nudge when I have them on my iPod.
  • Busted Halo: I used to listen regularly back in the day when this Paulist young adult initiative was just a podcast. Now it's a radio show on satelite radio, but they still have podcasts available online.
RANDOM ONLINE CATHOLIC THINGS: What a broad category! Lots of options.
  • Daily Readings: I used to subscribe to a little booklet with the daily liturgical readings that I used for prayer. Then I realized that the US Bishops conference has them online. Very useful and free!
  • Weekly Peace Prayer: My religious community, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, post a weekly prayer for peace on our website. This week's prayer is for the people of Japan.
  • Catholic Climate Covenant: Sign up for weekly emails and take the St. Francis Pledge.
My Own Projects

No comments: