4.27.2011

Scheduled Blog Break

Well bloggy friends, it's time for a scheduled blog break. After work tomorrow I'm headed to our community vacation house for a mini-retreat. There's no internet in the house (thank God!) so I'll be offline for a bit. In addition to some much needed alone /prayer time, as well as some catching up on homework for my Christian Ethics class, I will be taking a trip down memory lane. You see, this summer I'll be spending some time on a longer retreat to discern requesting final vows (my how time flies!). But before that, it's time to look back on my 6 years of association with my groovy sisters. Next month I have what we call a "self-reflection" meeting with our leadership team. This weekend is a chance to reflect in preparation for that meeting.

I've just packed up my journals that correspond to this journey with the CSJPs. I plan to sit in a comfy chair, look at the ducks and the lake, listen to the soothing sound of the freeway behind the trees (which I pretend is the ocean) and read through my scribblings to see if I can spot the movements of the Spirit on this journey as well as ways I've grown and changed on this journey (not to mention the many areas for future growth).

Please keep me in prayer. I'll be back next week!

No comments: