5.19.2011

soaking up the sun

The sun is shining this morning, for the second possibly fourth day in a row. This my friends is a big deal here in Seattle. Almost as big a deal as the hoped for fact that tomorrow .... wait for it .... the temperature will top 70 for the first time since November 3rd!

Yes, those of you in regions where summer has started, we enjoy spring for a good old time here. The chirping birds are happy, as are the flowers. Us human folks are happy to have some sun so we can soak up some vitamin d--most of us are vitamin d deficient.

I of course will be spending the day inside a dark office, but I can think of my ministry as shining a light on some of the injustices of the world. And at least I know the sun is shining outside, and hopefully I can head out for a walk.

The one thing I know is that I need to take advantage of the sunny weather ... yes, rain is forecast on the weekend!

No comments: