6.14.2011

Healthy for Life

You Are 68% Healthy



Your diet is quite healthy, but you don't too crazy with what you eat.

You know how to eat what's good for you, but you're also careful not to deprive yourself.

And that's the healthiest way to be!



I actually started weight watchers again about six weeks ago ... after seven years away. During the hiatus, I had stayed somewhat to eating what I knew was good for me. But not always, and when you're not paying attention to portions, they have a tendency of getting bigger. Living in community also added a new twist, not always being in control of what's for dinner but living with folks who eat healthy food for the most part.

So I made the decision to be more intentional about what I'm eating. Of course, I'd like to lose weight, but mainly I just want to be healthy. This summer I turn 39, which means 40 is right around the corner, which means the time is now to make these healthy changes for a lifetime of ministry, community and quality relationships.

So far, things are going pretty well. I had a significant weight loss to begin with--when I was being very religious about the whole thing. Now it's more of a very slow steps in the right direction and continuing to integrate healthy habits into my life.

The next three weeks will be a bit of a challenge as I'll be travelling, first for a community meeting then a visit with my Dad then retreat. But all will be well.

No comments: