12.01.2011

Remembering

Today is December 1st.  Had she not passed away eight years ago, today would have been my mom's 77th birthday.

This is one of my all time favorite pictures of my mom. It was taken at the Oregon Coast about 11 years ago when I organized a family Thanksgiving with my mom.  My two sisters were there, one of my brothers, my mom and dad and the two little nieces in the picture.  We had a marvelous time, walking on the beach, eating way too much turkey, and just lounging around together.  Mom, as you can tell, was in heaven.

So many happy memories.  Sad ones too, but the happy ones are much stronger.  After all, when Harry Potter needs to conjure a patronus to ward off scary creatures, he relives the happiest of memories, not the sad ones.  They are what get us through the tough times and make us smile in the good times.  Thanks for all the happy memories Mom and for everything you taught me.  To live.  To love.  To laugh.

Happy Birthday mom!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post...God Bless.