2.28.2012

Rest

Our bodies tell us more than we.sometimes give them credit for. Or mine does anyway. After three wonderful days of prayer, celebration,  and conversation at our community assembly weekend, mine was toast.

You see, deep down I am an introvert and while I truly enjoy the relational aspect of life, ministry, and community,  by the time I got home from work yesterday my body had used its last bit of energy. My brain too I think. My spirit was renewed, but my body was exhausted as if I had run a marathon!

So, I listened to my own self, cancelled another relationship building evening outing, and went to bed at 5pm. I did wake up for a bit around 10, but otherwise slept straight through and awoke this morning much more ready for what the day holds.

How do you practice self care?

No comments: