6.29.2012

Retreat

After some chores, laundry, odds and ends and a meeting, I'm heading south to Oregon tomorrow for my retreat which I will start on Saturday. I will not be blogging for the next week or so.  Instead long walks, taking pictures, drawing, coloring, reading, praying, and just being will be the order of the day.  Actually, there will be no order to the day.  My only plan is to be open to the Spirit and enjoy the wonder and beauty of God's creation.

One luxury of religious life that my body, mind and spirit has come to rely on is the opportunity to make an annual retreat. As our CSJP Constitutions so wisely say:

We nurture our life of prayer
by reflective reading, particularly Scripture,
by periods of solitude and silence,
and by an annual retreat. (Constitution 30).

Or, in the words of my Jedi Master:


So away I go.  First I will stop on the way and visit with a friend.  But then it is off.  To quiet.  To nature. To spending time in the heart of God.

Peace

No comments: