7.02.2013

The Groove is in the Heart of Giving Voice

For the past year and a half I've been having periodic conference calls with some other young nuns to plan our Giving Voice national conference.  We've attended to all the details .. meeting space? Check.  Speaker? Check. Prayer, ritual, process, name tags? Check, check, check, check.

I'm headed to California in the morning to spend a few days with my old roommate before the conference starts on Friday.  I've still got some on the ground tasks to take care of, like shopping for supplies and setting up the sound system.

Speaking of the sound system, tonight I started creating a dance mix for our young nun fun.  Yes, that's right.  We dance.  I'm taking song requests, but the benefit of creating a dance mix is you get to make sure your favorites are included like this one from back in the day.




Somehow, making the dance mix made me realize ... the Giving Voice national gathering is almost upon us!  Please keep all the participants in your prayers for safe travel and that all the details may go smoothly and we may be open to the movement of the Spirit among us (and have some fun!).

The groove, after all, is in the heart.

No comments: