10.11.2013

FiveYears Ago ... My First Big Yes

My novitiate classmate reminded me that it was on this day five years ago that we professed our first vows, our "Yes!", as Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace.
Professing my First Vows

On that day I was asked:
Susan, what is it you ask this day before God, in the presence of this community of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, and in the presence of your family and friends. 
And I answered: 
In grateful response to the gift of God's peace and healing in my own life, I ask to live a life of love, faith and service as a Sister of St. Joseph of Peace. I pray that in my daily life, I may live and proclaim Christ's Gospel of Peace. 
Then I was asked:How do you hope to live out your commitment?
And I answered 
Trusting in God's faithful love and relying on the support and example of our sisters and all others who touch my life, I hope to live with an open heart by listening, pondering, and contemplating the word of God in my life and witnessing to it in action for justice and peace. 
Then I was invited to profess my vows: 
In response to God's call to seek justice, to love tenderly, and to walk in the way of Peace, I Susan Rose Francois, in the presence of Sheila Lemiuex, Congregation Leader, and in the presence of the community gathered here, vow to God poverty, celibacy and obedience for three years according to the Constitutions of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace.

Since that day of course I've professed perpetual vows and sought to live out this call each day to seek justice, to love tenderly, and to walk in the way of peace.  I feel very very blessed and grateful to my loving God for managing to break through all the noise and help me find the way I am best able to be the me God created me to be.

Peace!

No comments: