5.01.2014

New Adventure ... Global Sisters Report

So, I have some exciting news to share! I've been invited to share a regular column as part of the Global Sisters Report, a project of the National Catholic Reporter funded by the Conrad Hilton Foundation. The column I am contributing to is called "Horizons," in which younger women religious will share about their lives, ministries, spirituality, and world.

My first column was posted today, a reflection on living into the experience of my religious community's chapter act on nonviolence.  Here's a snippet.

“The lens of nonviolence brings new insights and commitments to all aspects of our lives together.” These words come from my religious congregation’s chapter commitment to grow in nonviolence. Over the past six years, this commitment has been both a gift and a challenge to me in my life as a Sister of St. Joseph of Peace, as a daughter of an aging parent, as a friend and colleague – in all of my relationships really. It has become my touchstone and an accountability partner.

Visit the Global Sisters Report to read the rest and lots of other great stuff. I am humbled to be in the virtual company of amazing women such as Elizabeth Johnson and Nancy Sylvester on the GSR website.

I am also excited to be a part of this project because of the NCR connection and my own CSJP Sister, Dorothy Vidulich who passed away almost two years ago. I got to know Dorothy during my years in New Jersey for the Novitiate. She was an amazing woman, writer, advocate, sister, and friend. And, as it happens, she spent many happy years as a correspondent for NCR. I know she is smiling and cheering us on with this new online venture!

No comments: