12.19.2004

Where's the Sorting hat when you need it?

Probably some sort of blasphemy or sacrilegious thought, but the idea came to me today that wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of Sorting Hat for religious life like the one that helps the students at Hogwarts discern which school house is for them? That's a Harry Potter reference for those not in the know.

Wishful thinking I know. Guess I'll just have to rely on time and the Holy Spirit..... And work own ability to be attentive and patient.

The Weekend was restful and rejuvinating. Whether or not this particular community is for me (or the other one I'm considering for that matter), each visit with Sisters further confirms my suspicions that I'll make more sense in religious life. I feel at home staying in a simple room, sharing meals and prayer. And I'm always impressed with the vibrancy, spirit and committment to doing God's work and serving God's people. I'm more and more convinced that this is the life I'm programmed for. Now I "just" need to find the community for me, with the help of prayer rather than a sorting hat I suppose.

Can't believe it's almost Christmas. Talk about a whirlwind Advent. And I haven't even decorated or bought presents this year! Glad I decided to simplify, not sure how I would have fit that in!

No comments: